Who are we and what do we do?
Taken from: http://www.anpsonline.org
The Association of National Plus Schools (ANPS) is a non-profit organization of Indonesian schools that was founded in 2000 with the aims of:
· Promoting and developing quality education in Indonesian schools
· Providing professional development opportunities for teachers and staff
· Providing a forum in which practitioners and leaders could discuss common educational issues
· Providing a means by which educational quality standards could be established and monitored.
The executive committee of ANPS is elected annually by members and consists of delegates from a wide variety of Indonesian schools.
Member School pay an annual fee for which they:
· Receive a quarterly newsletter
· Benefit from government lobbying
· Receive large discounts for professional development events
· Are able to take part on collaborative events and programs
ANPS has 64 member schools and of those nine have already been accredited as satisfying the characteristics above:
· Sekolah Tiara Bangsa – ACS (International) Jakarta – 21 October 2005
· Sekolah Bogor Raya, Bogor – 2 December 2005
· Sekolah Bina Nusantara, Jakarta – 3 February 2006
· Sekolah Global Jaya, Jakarta – 3 February 2006
· Sekolah Ciputra, Surabaya – 6 April 2006
· Sekolah Pelita Harapan, Sentul, March 2007
· Sekolah Ichthus, South and West, Jakarta, March 2007
· Buah Hati- Cita Hati, Surabaya – March 2007
· Sekolah Victory Plus, Jakarta – October 2007
Leaders in ANPS schools are aware of the importance of effective and dynamic practices in promoting successful and sustained change. At their annual conference, school leaders participate in a series of meetings which help them not only to shape and sculpt a vision of a quality educational future, they are also encouraged to develop a professional learning community in their schools. There have been three leadership conferences so far in which ANPS has focused on the personal development of leaders and provided insights into leadership and management styles. The evidence is overwhelming that effective leaders generate and lead sustained learning communities? Quality schools have quality leaders.
ANPS also provides information via seminars, and workshops for teachers to engage in practices and activities that foster not only their own growth but also assists the emotional and personal growth of their students.
Up-to-date information about the activities of ANPS can be viewed on our website: http://www.anpsonline.org. For additional information please contact the executive secretary, Ms Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Friday 23 November, the Association of National Plus Schools (ANPS) held an extra-ordinary General assembly to take steps towards becoming a legal entity. This Assembly, opened by the chair Daryl Forde of ACS/Tiara Bangsa and Seemun Suparno of Ichthus, was quickly passed into the hands of the ‘legalization subcommittee’ a group of hardworkers led by Ibu Harumdah Widjaja of Pelita Harapan Bukit Sentul, Ardina Utomo of Madania, Dyah Kusumadewi of Cita Buana and Pak Joko Prabowo of Saint Peters, who is also acting as council for the ANPS… selengkapnya: http://sekolahbogorraya.edublogs.org/2007/11/25/what-is-a-national-plus-school/